Thursday, June 24, 2010

Reclaiming Your Body!

My boyfriend just dumped me. I'm so stressed at work. He's been depressed for a long time. I can't control myself. The excuses are endless.

No matter how discouraged, lazy or apathetic you are, you should keep in mind that it is NEVER too late to reclaim your body!

I remember as the months rolled by and my weight continued to climb. I was apathetic, rarely went to the gym, and ate what I wanted.

As a result, I found myself getting out of breath quicker, having aches and pains in my joints, and having to buy bigger clothing.

What finally gave me the incentive to begin working towards a healthier and fitter Dahlia was when I received a phone call informing me that I had won a free health consult and personal training session. I knew that this was an unexpected blessing because I needed someone to challenge and encourage me as I could not do it on my own.

Earlier this month, I met with the owner of the gym, and our energies jived well. I signed up for eight sessions and he added some extra ones for free. He told me that he liked my realistic goals and that by Christmas 2010 I'd be my ideal weight!

Now having completed my third week of training and following my meal plan as best as I can, I'm happy to report that I've lost SIX pounds! I blinked thinking the scale was lying to me before I realized that it wasn't!

In a few weeks, I'll be training and walking three times a week.

I'm encouraged and focussed on my goal. I have the support of my wonderful hubby, trainer, doctor, family, and friends. And most importantly? I FINALLY *BELIEVE* in myself!

If I can do it, you certainly can!

So, what are you waiting for? May 2010 be the year of the new healthier you!

2 comments:

  1. I agree! I`ve always been so clumsy around fitness machines, aerobics and yoga, but I do it anyways and feel macho and feminine at the same time! And I can open jam jars by myself now!
    Great and inspiring post - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Dahlia! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete